Friday, July 3, 2009

Casablanca

After 2 years in working in Etihad. They gave me my first Casablanca flight. I had no plans to go out in Casablanca since I've heard horrible stories about the place. The food's not good, the people are aggressive and all sorts of negative things. And for most of the crew I've known, they dread Casablanca flights. Well, maybe it's me and how I perceive the world, but I had fun in Casablanca.

Yes, I did not have plans to go out in Casablanca so I did not bring any proper clothes for anything. I had with me my "just in case I go out" clothes, which is a pair of jeans, my chucks and a regular top and my PJ's and that was it. I knew someone in the flight so I asked her before hand if she was going out but she said no, so yeah. But when I got in the flight, the crew was just fun. Some of us decided to meet up just after we arrived the hotel to have some drinks and party. Supposedly I was on detox for a month but I just couldn't. So went out with 5 other crew and partied in Casablanca. The next day, originally having no plans of going out, I stayed in my hotel room and slept the whole day. Bad hangover. BTW, we finished 3 bottles of vodka, so technically, it was 2 person per bottle. LoL! Not really how you should be exploring a place but hey, who doesn't like to party. Maybe on my next Casablanca, I'd actually go out during daytime and look around the area near the hotel. Besides, there was a souk just a block away. All in all, Casablanca wasn't that bad or maybe I was just lucky I flew with a good crew. Anyhow, what matters is that a had a great time.

1 comment:

Traytable said...

You're totally right, having a nice time is important, & sometimes it's just in the way we perceive a place that makes the difference!